Salute to the Troops
CFC Local Outreach is recruiting volunteers age 16 and up to serve at the upcoming One Loudoun "Salute To the Troops" 5K and 10K race event - on Monday, May 29.
Various examples of positions which you may be assigned to during the 6:30a-12:00p timeframe:
- 6:30-11:00a Check in all volunteers and provide instructions and materials.
- 6:30-8:00a Providing T-shirts to all participants.
- 7:30-9:30a Spread out along the race route to cheer on participants, provide water, and ensure safety of all participants at all thoroughfares.
You may be assigned to volunteer various roles throughout the timeframe – depending upon the needs.
- We need ALL the volunteers to come to the church building by 6:30a sharp.
- A name tag will be provided to you by CFC Local Outreach
- You will also be provided a t-shirt to wear during your time of volunteering which you can keep, of course
- We will need you to serve until the completion of the event – which should be about 12pm
Please let us know if you have any physical conditions which would preclude you from any or all of the following and we will adjust accordingly in how you are placed/assigned throughout the day:
- Lifting as much as 20 pounds
- Walking along portions of the event route (1/2 to 1 mile)
- Standing for long periods of time (30-40 minutes)
· You MUST be at least 16 years of age and able to stand for long periods of time to volunteer.
Looking forward to working with you!
One Loudoun Race Events General information page - https://www.ringinginhope.com
For additional information, please contact Eddie Batten, Director of Welcome Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-724-4911.
Registration is Closed
CFC - Playground, CFC - Front Patio (East), CFC - Side Patio (East), CFC - East Parking Lot, CFC - South Parking Lot, CFC - Side Patio (North), CFC - Common Grounds Cafe (201), CFC - Lobby Area East,